Street Racing - Уличные Гонки и Тюнинг
 Правила/FAQПравила/FAQ    ПользователиПользователи   ГруппыГруппы   РегистрацияРегистрация 
 ПрофильПрофиль   Войти и проверить личные сообщенияВойти и проверить личные сообщения   ВходВход 
y had two of five sacks in the Ride

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов STREET RACING - УЛИЧНЫЕ ГОНКИ, DRAG RACING, DRIFT -> ОФФТОПИК
Предыдущая тема :: Следующая тема  
Автор Сообщение
lw789

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Апр 20, 2018 10:38 am    Заголовок сообщения: y had two of five sacks in the Ride Ответить с цитатой

NEWARK, N.J. - Anton Khudobin finally got a much-needed win and so did the Carolina Hurricanes.Chris Terry scored the only goal of the shootout and Khudobin came up big late in winning for the first time this season as the goal-starved Hurricanes defeated the New Jersey Devils 2-1 on Tuesday night.I wasnt frustrated at all, but it was a tough time for me, Khudobin said after stopping 18 shots and three more in the shootout to improve to 1-8-2 this season. I was just trying to focus on my game and trying to get the win. It had been a long time, almost three months. It wasnt like the hockey gods didnt want me to get a win. But Im happy it happened. I thought that maybe it wasnt going to happen this year.Ron Hainsey scored in the third period to tie the game for Carolina, which won for only the second time in 10 games (2-7-1). The Hurricanes have just 13 goals during that stretch and Hainseys appeared to go in off his leg on a night when Carolina fired 33 shots at Cory Schneider.The first 5 to 10 minutes of the third period, we carried the play, so if youre doing that, you have a good chance to get the equalizer, Hainsey said. We were getting good shots. Schneider just kept making saves.Hainsey had a chance to win the game in overtime on a breakaway after serving a penalty that carried into the extra session. He skated in alone on Schneider but shot the puck into the goalies pads.Khudobin, beaten 1-0 by the New York Rangers on Sunday, kept the Hurricanes in the game in overtime, stopping Adam Henrique right in front with roughly 4 seconds to go. The goalie then denied Scott Gomez, Mike Cammalleri and Henrique in the shootout before Terry beat Schneider with a forehand.Stephen Gionta scored for the Devils, who are 3-8-5 in their last 16 games. Schneider made 32 saves.I know that no one wants to hear excuses and I am not going to make any, but I am definitely not going to throw our guys under the bus, said Devils coach Pete DeBoer, who had seven regulars out with injuries or illness. Guys are trying. Its unfortunate we didnt get two points. Our goaltender was excellent. We need to regroup and get some bodies back.Carolina, which came into the third period with a 21-8 shots advantage, tied the game on its 29th shot. Defenceman Andrej Sekera took a shot from the left point that hit off the leg of Hainsey and went in for his first goal of the season.Gionta gave the Devils the lead at 13:32 of the first period with a shot on a counterattack that appeared to hit off the stick of Hurricanes defenceman Michal Jordan and eluded Khudobin.The Hurricanes dominated the second period, outshooting New Jersey 15-3, only to be denied by Schneider. His best save came in the closing minutes with a glove stop on Brandan Woods from point-blank range after a point shot ended up on the forwards stick between the circles.Woods was making his NHL debut after starting the season in Charlotte (AHL).Khudobin was stellar in the third period. He stopped Tuomo Ruutu twice, Henrique once and later made a big stop against Jon Merrill with New Jersey on a late power play.We wanted to finish strong before the break, so were disappointed for sure, Cammalleri said. We need a big second half for sure.Schneider almost stole a game from Carolina for the second time. He stopped 39 shots in a 2-1 New Jersey win on Dec. 8.NOTES: Ruutu got an assist on Giontas goal, his first point in 15 games. ... Gomez played in his 999th NHL game. ... Cammalleri returned to the lineup after missing four games with a lower-body injury. ... Hurricanes captain Eric Staal has one goal in his last 15 games. ... After missing eight games with the mumps, Devils D Adam Larsson returned to the lineup for the first time since Dec. 2. ...Devils forwards Patrik Elias and Martin Havlat were ill and did not play. They are being tested for mumps. Eric Wood Jersey .com) - Willie Cauley-Stein and Karl-Anthony Towns each scored 12 points in the top-ranked Kentucky Wildcats 70-55 victory over the Alabama Crimson Tide. Jordan Mills Jersey . Not Peyton Manning. Hes holding on to the heartache to stoke his competitive fire. http://www.authenticbillsfanatic.com/c-45-bills-cordy-glenn-jersey.aspx. Both had to wait out a rain interruption lasting nearly five hours before taking comprehensive third-round victories to join Carling Bassett-Seguso (1983, 1986), Patricia Hy-Boulais (1996-97) and Daniel Nestor (1999) as Canadians who made it into the second week of a major. Leonard Johnson Jersey . City, fielding a depleted team having already qualified, was twice pegged back by the plucky Czech champions but substitute Negredo tapped home in the 78th minute and Dzekos header made sure of victory in the 89th. The result kept City three points behind Bayern Munich ahead of their meeting in Germany in two weeks. Preston Brown Jersey . He will just have to wait a little longer. Bester grabbed an early lead before Scotlands Darren Burnett took over and ran away with the mens singles lawn bowling final 21-9 on Friday.TORONTO -- Corey Chamblin could win another 10 football championships and never duplicate the one he earned this year with the Saskatchewan Roughriders. The Roughriders successfully shouldered the weight of heavy expectations and overcame adversity in 2013, capping the year with a dominant 45-23 Grey Cup win over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Nov. 24. The title was Saskatchewans fourth but first on home soil before a rabid Mosaic Stadium gathering of 44,710. "There will never be a more perfect night in football than that one," the Riders head coach said. "When we walked out and saw all that green, Ill tell you, it wasnt just a home game, it was more a homecoming. "Youll never replicate that. Many people are talking about repeating and all that, and I say well never be able to do what we did this year again. It was too special." The Riders were rewarded for that accomplishment by sports editors and broadcasters across the country, who voted them The Canadian Press Team of the Year for 2013. "Thats amazing," said Riders GM Brendan Taman, "Thats quite an honour." The Grey Cup champions earned 28 per cent the vote to edge out Canadas Davis Cup tennis team (23 per cent). The Vanier Cup-champion Laval Rouge et Or were third with 14 per cent while the Memorial Cup-winning Halifax Mooseheads earned 13 per cent. "They are Canadas team and their Grey Cup win in front of their home fans capped a Cinderella season for the Riders," said Bob Irving, the sports director at CJOB radio in Winnipeg. "Canadas Team wins the Grey Cup in its home province," added Montreal Gazette sports editor Stu Cowan. "Might never happen again. Enough said." Its the second time the Riders have been named team of the year. They also captured the honour in 07 after beating Winnipeg 23-19 in the Grey Cup. Saskatchewan is the second CFL champion in three years to be named the countrys top team following the B.C. Lions in 2011. Running back Kory Sheets was a one-man show in the Grey Cup with a record 197 yards rushing and two TDs for MVP honours. Slotback Chris Getzlaf, a Regina native, was named top Canadian with three catches for 78 yards. But it was Taman who built a team capable of winning a championship at home. In January, he acquired veteran slotback Geroy Simon from B.C., then in free agency signed defensive ends John Chick and Canadian Ricky Foley as well as outspoken defensive back Dwight Anderson. All four were previous Grey Cup champions and proven veterans who were expected to provide leadership to an already solid existing core. In October, Taman gambled by acquiring rush end Alex Hall from Winnipeg. Hall had a CFL-leading 15 sacks at the time but was slated to become a free agent in February with plans to pursue NFL opportunities. Although he never showed it, Taman admits the expectations weighed on him. "It was one of the toughest years that way since Ive been in the business and Ive been in it 26 years," he said. "That was the most pressure Ive felt but I kept a lot of that within, which probably wasnt healthy, however externally I never really admitted to it too much." For years, Simon was the No. 1 receiver in B.C., but assumed more of a supporting role in Saskatchewan. Although Simon became the CFLs all-time leading receiver this season, he was fourth on the Riders with 40 catches for 565 yards and three TDs. But against Hamilton, Simon had three receptions for 67 yards and his first two Grey Cup TDs. Foley, Chick, Anderson and Hall all helped Saskatchewans defence establish itself as the CFLs stingiest, allowing a league-low 22.1 points per game and finishing tied for the interceptions lead (24). And in the opening half of the Grey Cup, the unit held Hamilton to just three yards rushing and five first downs as the Riders surged to a commanding 31-6 advantage. Saskatchewan opened the season emphatically, posting an impressive 8-1 record. Anchoring the Riders start was Sheets, who ran for 100 or more yards in the clubs first six games and seven of eight, amassing over 1,000 yards at the halfway point of the season. But after opening September with a 48-25 win over Winnipeg, the Riders dropped four straight. Whats more, Sheets suffered a knee injury in a 31-29 home loss to Toronto on Sept. 14 and then later in the month Anderson and receivers Taj Smith and Eron Riley were arrested and charged with aggravated assault following a bar fight. "I think its healthy to go throuugh a little adversity during the season because it makes you stronger down the road," Foley said.dddddddddddd "No panic button was pressed but after we lost four in a row going on that road trip, a lot of veterans just said, Ok, enough is enough, this has got to be it." The turning point of Saskatchewans season came Oct. 4 at B.C. Place. Sheets returned to run for 80 yards and two TDs, Anderson registered one of three interceptions while Foley had two of five sacks in the Riders 31-17 road victory. "To me, thats when I knew this team had a chance to go all the way," Taman said. "When we went into a tough place to play and knocked them off and we got our running back back, thats when I knew this team had the chance to do something special. "Deep down I thought if we won this game this team is back, were back to that 8-1 team and we were." A fact not lost on Foley, named the top Canadian in Torontos 2012 Grey Cup win over Calgary. "I remember in that locker-room before the game how focused and intense we were," he said. "Darian (Riders quarterback Darian Durant) is our pre-game speech guy and he says what we need to hear and for some reason that day he pointed to me and said, Get em, and I went off. "I took a page out of (former Argos teammate) Adriano Bellis book and flipped the tables over during the pre-game speech and knocked everything over. I apologized to the guys I got Gatorade on afterwards but I think that was the turning point of our year when everybody came together in all three phases." Saskatchewan (11-7) finished its season losing two straight, including a 29-25 road decision to Calgary (league-best 14-4) for top spot in the West Division. But another big win over B.C., 29-25 in the Western semifinal, set up a conference final rematch with the Stampeders at McMahon Stadium. Saskatchewan emerged with a 35-13 victory as Sheets ran for 177 yards and a TD while Durant threw for 280 yards and three touchdowns. And then there was the Grey Cup, and the boost the Saskatchewan players received playing before the sea of green that was Rider Nation at venerable Mosaic Stadium. "What topped it all off was that it was here," Taman said. "If wed won this in Toronto or Vancouver, flying back wouldve been cool but we just literally won the game right here with all our fans sitting in that crowd. "It was a once-in-a-lifetime thing." For Chamblin, the full scope of the Grey Cup victory hasnt fully sunk in. "Not until I get that ring," he said. "Every once in a while I lean over to my wife and tell her, We won the Grey Cup. "We treated it as the next game and thats why we didnt let it get too big for us. Once I see the ring, Ill really feel like, you know what? We won the championship." Foleys third career Grey Cup win -- his first was with B.C in 06 -- was decidedly different than the 2012 championship he earned with Toronto. "In Toronto with coach (Scott) Milanovich, we never spoke about the Grey Cup at all," Foley said. "But coach Chamblin always addressed us Good morning champs, and at first I didnt know how to take it because we hadnt won anything. "But I think because we addressed the issue of pressure and the objective early on, once we beat Calgary at McMahon there really wasnt a celebration because it felt like this was what we were supposed to do. We expected to be there and then with the Grey Cup at home, instead of having pressure it was more like an advantage." And for Getzlaf, the opportunity to realize a childhood dream. "As a Saskatchewan kid, to play professional football for the team you grew up cheering for is special in itself," he said. "Then to have an opportunity to get to the Grey Cup and win it on home soil, I dont think that will sink in for a while. "When you go out on top in front of your own fans whove waited a long time for a situation like that, its such an amazing feeling." However, Getzlaf isnt resting on his laurels. "Oh no, its back to the grind," he said. "Im already back to the gym trying to make my body right to hopefully do it all over again." For Chamblin, that means aiming for another championship but not a repeat. "Repeating means doing the same thing and we cant do that," he said. "What we did will forever be etched in our minds . . . it really tested our mettle and allowed us to grow." China Jerseys China Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов STREET RACING - УЛИЧНЫЕ ГОНКИ, DRAG RACING, DRIFT -> ОФФТОПИК Часовой пояс: GMT + 2
Страница 1 из 1

Перейти: